Sunday, May 25, 2014

Minecraft Birthday Party: Supplies and Decorations

Do you have a Minecraft obsessed child in your life?  If you do, then THIS is the post for you!

Several weeks ago, my son asked for a Minecraft themed birthday party.  I had just a little over 2 weeks to pull something together.  The FIRST thing I did was start searching on Pinterest.  You can see my Minecraft board HERE!

Living overseas creates a bit of a sourcing dilemma for this American Working Mom when crafting.  It is often tricky to find even simple things like colored plastic dinner plates.  And, who has TIME to go to 15 stores in search of something to then spend MORE TIME to craft it into a neat looking party favor? Not me!

I did have time (and the luxury) to order two cardboard Minecraft heads via Amazon for Steve and a creeper.  It was a risk because I wasn't sure if they would arrive on time.  They did.  Barely.  And they were AWESOME!  You can order them HERE.  It was the best splurge for cardboard heads imaginable.
VIA
Over the years I have become convinced that our Epson color printer has been a fabulous investment.  It saved the day for invitations again this year.  I ordered an Etsy digital file from HERE for $8.  My son chose Option #1 and we emailed the seller our specific event details.  2 days later I was able to print them out on photo paper and my son delivered them to his friends at school.
VIA

Next, I searched for a printable party pack for decorations, food cards, and favor bag tags etc.  I found exactly what I wanted HERE for $20.  That is a bit more than I usually like to pay for printable party packs, but I have to say it was excellent quality and printed well on white cardstock.
VIA
I didn't use everything provided in the file pack but I think it turned out great!


I lucked out and found the fake grass squares for about 30 cents each at a local store.  I wrapped empty shoe boxes in some interesting brown kraft paper I found a the same store to add height and interest to the food table.

Awhile ago I hosted a baby shower, and the white tissue paper poms were still hanging from our ceiling.  A little hot glue and some black pom poms and BAM! they became Minecraft skeletons.

For any Minecraft font needs I found a free font without a bunch of nasty bugs associated with the download HERE.

I think it worked nicely for our Nether Portal sign.


The creation of the Nether Portal was an essential part of the party according to my son (and my husband).  I have found that adjustable curtain rods are the best way to hang doorway decorations.  We managed to find the purple tinsel door curtain and the black crepe paper streamer rolls at a local party store.  My husband lent his patience to this part of the decorating.

I was told the short black fringe across the top was essential for game accuracy.  I have no idea.  I believe the boys though.  They know what they are talking about.

A square green plastic tablecloth and some cardstock became a Minecraft Slime/Blob.  All the kids thought it was great.  How easy is that?


 Stay tuned for my next post which will include sources, links, and ideas for favor bags, party activities and games, and themed food.





4 comments:

  1. Although I know NOTHING about minecraft (except that my 2nd grade boys like it), I LOVE this post. The little touches that you add (like wrapping the shoe boxes in fun brown paper to add height to your table, or turning a baby shower pom pom ball into a skeleton) were brilliant! I can't wait to read the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROBLOX is powered by an ever growing player base of over 300,000 creator players who provide an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

    These experiences range from 3D multi-player games and contests, to interactive adventures where friends can take on new identities to discover what it's like to be a dinosaur, a miner in a quarry or an astronaut on a space exploration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the nether portal lead somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your useful information, I would like to suggest wholesale party bag fillers

    ReplyDelete